How It Works
Lactium® works with certain GABBA receptors in the central nervous system. Lactium® increases the activity of a neurotransmitter called gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA inhibits action on anxiety and promotes relaxation.
Lactium® is all-natural. It is a casein decapeptide made from milk protein and is hypoallergenic. Clinical studies show it regulates stress symptoms and promotes relaxation. Its safety profile is GRAS and NDI-approved, with no side effects or toxicity.
Lactium Anti-Stress Efficacy on Stressed Women
A double blind, crossover study was conducted on 63 female volunteers – 150 mg/ day.
The group taking Lactium® demonstrated a significantly greater positive evolution of stress symptoms in five different areas, in comparison to the group taking the placebo:
Digestive (+ 29.5%)
Cardiovascular (+ 12.5%)
Intellectual (+ 28.1%)
Lactium® was particularly efficient for subjects who demonstrated the highest initial intensity of symptoms at a dose of 150 mg/ day. This was true after a 15- and 30-day treatment.
- 5 studies on 190 healthy volunteers
- Anti-stress efficacy confirmed at 150 mg/day
Tests and Measures used in the Studies:
- Psychometric tests: Cattell’s and Spielberger’s anxiety scale
- Mental provoked stress: Stroop test, attention-concentration test and Pacaud’s mental rapidity test
- Physical provoked stress: Cold pressor test
- Hormonal assays: Cortisol and ACTH
- Cardiovascular parameters: Blood pressure, heart rate